Monday, September 16, 2013

If it feels like chocolate and it smells like chocolate...

... then it's probably chocolate.

Quick update on the question I raised at the end of my previous post last week. Of the utmost importance, clearly. About the mysterious, funny smell that falls down on Amsterdam every few months or so. One of my friends who was born and bred not far from here told me that it is, in fact, chocolate.

Apparently it's the chocolate factory Verkade from Zaandam, a small town a few km to the north-west of Amsterdam. When the wind blows from up there, the whole city swells into a big funky-cocoa-smelling bubble.

Cool. Reminds me of something I wrote on this very same blog almost five (five!) years ago, about smelling cocoa and a chocolate factory in Mannheim, Germany.

Historic recurrence? Maybe. Or possibly it's just the universe that got stuck in some deep potential well and ended up bouncing back and forth, repeating itself over and over again. Just in case, I'm going to check again in another, say, five years.

Till then, have a nice evening.
And some chocolate, too.

No comments: