Tuesday, June 17, 2008

coney island



sometimes i find myself liking strange photos. a few months ago i was at an exhibit of Salgado, and although there were plenty of great shots (actually there were plenty of photos... was probably too much... even when it's good stuff, i believe too much is still too much) and i'm sure many were much "better" than this one... still, it is the one that came to my mind again.

don't know why, just makes me curious.
makes me want to go there...


even when i can't say what i really like in a photo, or whether i really like it (like for this other one by a Ciaran Tully), some of them still deliver an atmosphere and carry me far far away... i see stories in these photos. i see stories and would like to go there right now and look for the story they're telling me, and maybe take some shots and speak around, end up finding a totally different story...



but this time i might have picked the wrong coast...

No comments: